Business visa application is applicable in case you are travelling for business purposes.
A visa normally grants you the right to stay in the entire Schengen region. The Schengen countries are Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
A visa allows you to stay a maximum of 90 days in any 180-day period in Denmark and is normally valid for the entire Schengen region.
Decisions about visa applications must normally be made within 15 days (from the day Embassy receives it, excluding submission time at VFS). In some cases applications will require further enquiry or documentation. So processing time in these cases might prolong. Applicants might also be asked to appear for an Interview at the Embassy.
A visa does not allow you to work in Denmark unless the Immigration Service has explicitly granted you this right.
For more information on Visa, please click here
|Visa Category||Visa Fee in INR and BTN|
|Tourist Visa / Non Professional Visa||4800|
|Business Visa / Conference Visa||4800|
|Airport Transit Visa / Transit Visa / Seaman Visa||4800|
|Child b/w 6- 12 Yrs. ( only in short stay visa)||2800|
|Work Visa / Positive List / Pay Limit Scheme / Corporate Scheme||15700|
|Researchers / Student / Trainees / Interns||15700|
|Online Application (Biometrics enrolled in India)||15700|
|Additional VFS Charges||Fees in INR|
|VFS Service Fee||1652|
|Additional VFS Charges for Applications submitted in Bhutan||Fees in BTN|
|VFS Service Fee||2400|
|There is no mandatory courier fee. However frequency of transfer of physical applications would be limited to once in two weeks. For applicants who need their applications sent on urgent basis, there will be an Optional Value Added Service for Urgent Courier of Euro 30 per applicant which will be charged over and above the Service Fee.||2400|
|Optional Services||Fees in INR|
|Photocopy – Black & White (01 page)||5|
|Photocopy – Colour (01 page)||15|
|Photograph ( 06 copies)||150|
The above mentioned Visa Fee is to be paid only by cash.
Exemptions of visa fees, please see “Visa Fees" The Visa Fee is subject to change without notice
VFS Service charge
- The applicable Visa Fee in Indian Rupees is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice
- The fee is non-refundable
- There is an optional courier facility available at Rs 320/- (Inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST@9%) per application.
- There is an optional SMS service available at Rs 120/- (Inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST@9%) per application.
- If you are applying at the Visa Application Centre in Bhutan a one-time courier charge of BTN 2400 /- is charged for transporting the visa application to The Denmark Embassy in New Delhi and returning the processed passport back. The service that VFS provides in Bhutan is an optional service, not an obligation and thus it is always a possibility for all applicants to lodge the application directly at the Danish Embassy in New Delhi.
Applicant must normally meet the following basic conditions at the time of submitting application for visa
- Travel document
- Your passport or travel document must be valid for minimum three months after the intended departure from Schengen,
- It shall contain at least two blank pages,
- It shall have been issued within the past 10 years,
Complete application form. Please note that any incomplete information or false statement could result delay in the processing of application. Application form can downloaded in English (Application form in English) or Hindi language (Application form in Hindi), but it has to be filled-in English language only.
One recent original passport-size color photograph with white background. Photograph should not be older than six months.
- Name and designation of the applicant and of the signatory (of managerial or executive level) with signature.
- An outline of the applicant’s itinerary, purpose of visit, names and addresses of the companies he/she intends to visit, period & place of intended stay, statement about who covers the costs of the trip.
- A signed invitation letter from the Danish/ Icelandic company containing Name of the invited applicant, Purpose of visit, Dates of the intended stay, Nature of costs being covered (boarding & lodging).
- You must hold a travel insurance policy to cover possible expenses in connection with a return for health reasons or death, indispensable medical treatment or acute hospitalisation during your stay. The insurance policy must cover all Schengen countries, and the minimum policy coverage is Euro 30,000 or US Dollar 50,000. The insurance policy must be valid for the same period as the visa. The validity of the visa may be shortened if the insurance policy does not cover the entire. List of approved Indian Travel Insurances, please click here.
Flight reservation of return or round ticket. If the applicant is travelling to several Schengen States, proof of intra-Schengen flight reservation, train itinerary or car rental. Please note that the tickets do not have to be paid-off, only booking needs to be submitted.
- Hotel reservations, rental of holiday home or campus residence reservation. If the applicant intends to stay with a family member or a friend, proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation from the host. Individual Schengen States may require applicant to present proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation by completing a form drawn up by the Schengen State’s competent authority (hereinafter 'national form'). If applicant is travelling to several Schengen States, proof of lodging in each of them.
- Original private bank statement showing movements in the last three months, duly stamped and signed by the bank
- Indian income tax return acknowledgment for the last two assessment years
In addition to it, if the applicant is employed:
- payslips for the last three months
- employment contract
If the applicant is a company owner or self-employed:
- certificate of registration of the company.
- All applications must contain a full colour photocopy of the valid passport - all pages of the passport are required.
- If there are any valid visas for Schengen or USA/UK/Canada/Australia (issued in last three years) in the old/cancelled passport then a colour photocopy of the visa pages and passport data pages are required.
- Copy of Highest Educational Certificate of the applicant.
- Explanatory letter in case applicant has not travelled on his/her previous Schengen visa.
- All documents should be provided in A4 size.
- Please submit only photocopies of all documents, as we do not guarantee the return of any original documents, but do carry original documents at the time of submission. The Embassy reserves the right to request the original of any document provided at any point during visa processing.
- English translations must accompany the documents not originally in English.
- The applicants must allow for a processing time of minimum 15 days. Excluding the VFS handling time back and forth to the Danish Embassy.
For information only, list of supplementary documents:
|Commission Implementing Decision -- Annexure|
|Commission Implementing Decision|
Decisions about Schengen visa applications must normally be made within 15 days. In some cases applications will require further enquiry. In these cases, the maximum processing time is 30 days. In exceptionally difficult cases the processing time can be up to 60 days. In certain situations, the Danish embassy will be required to ask the Danish Immigration Service to process an application. The application is sent via the Immigration Service’s electronic case handling system.
Application processing time counts from the time an admissible application is submitted at a diplomatic mission or a Visa Application Centre. 'Admissible' means that the mission has decided that the Schengen conditions for submitting an application have been met.
When the file is referred to the Danish Immigration Service, the Embassy will share the reference number of your file with you. This number enables you to contact the Immigration Services in order to check on the status of your file.
Contact details for the Danish Immigration Service: T: +45 35366600 - Monday - Wednesday: 09:00 - 15:00 , Thursday: 12:00 - 17:00 , Friday: 09:00 - 12:00 , email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Embassy of Denmark will inform you in each instance in writing, by telephone or orally about the decision that is taken concerning your visa application.
Citizens of certain countries or categories of certain citizens are subject to prior consultation in one or more Schengen countries before a visa may be issued. The processing time in these cases will usually be minimum 10-12 days.
|See list of these nationalities and categories of persons (annex 16 to the Visa code Handbook)|
(CONTENT SOURCE: NEW TO DENMARK)
- The photographs must be:
- No more than 6-months old
- 35-40mm in width
- Close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70 -80% of the photograph
- In sharp focus and clear
- Of high quality with no ink marks or creases
- The photographs must:
- Show you looking directly at the camera
- Show your skin tones naturally
- Have appropriate brightness and contrast
- Be printed on high quality paper, and at high resolution Photographs taken with a digital camera must be high quality colour and printed on photo-quality paper.
Style and lighting
- The photographs must be:
- Be colour neutral
- Show your eyes open and clearly visible-no hair across your eyes
- Show you facing square on to the camera, not looking over one shoulder (portrait style) or tilted, and showing both edges of your face clearly
- Be taken with a plain light-coloured background
- Be taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows or flash reflections on your face and no red eye
Glasses and head covers
If you wear glasses:
- Be colour neutral
- The photograph must show your eyes clearly with no flash reflection off the glasses, and no tinted lenses (if possible, avoid heavy frames - wear lighter framed glasses if you have them)
- Make sure that the frames do not cover any part of your eyes.
- Head coverings :
- Are not permitted except for religious reasons, but your facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of your face must be clearly shown.
Expression and frame
Your photographs must:
- Show you alone (no chair backs, toys or other people visible), looking at the camera with a neutral expression and your mouth closed.
|Danish and Icelandic Visa Application Form - English Form to be filled by Latin Letters in English|
|Danish and Icelandic Visa Application Form - Hindi & English Form to be filled by Latin Letters in English|
|Danish and Icelandic Visa Application Form - Danish Form to be filled by Latin Letters in English or in Danish|
|How to Fill the Form|
|Sample Filled-Out Form|
*Kindly Note: ‘Applicants travelling to Greenland & Faroe Islands has to fill-in the same application form’