Transit Visa (Seamen)
Airport Transit Visa application is applicable in case you have to change flights without leaving the airport. An airport transit visa entitles the holder to enter the international transit area of the airport, but not the territory of the Denmark.
|Visa Category||Visa Fee in INR and BTN|
|Tourist Visa / Non Professional Visa||4800|
|Business Visa / Conference Visa||4800|
|Airport Transit Visa / Transit Visa / Seaman Visa||4800|
|Child b/w 6- 12 Yrs. ( only in short stay visa)||2800|
|Work Visa / Positive List / Pay Limit Scheme / Corporate Scheme||16500|
|Researchers / Student / Trainees / Interns||16500|
|Online Application (Biometrics enrolled in India)||16500|
|Additional VFS Charges||Fees in INR|
|VFS Service Fee||1652|
|There is no mandatory courier fee. However frequency of transfer of physical applications would be limited to once in two weeks. For applicants who need their applications sent on urgent basis, there will be an Optional Value Added Service for Urgent Courier of Euro 30 per applicant which will be charged over and above the Service Fee.||Fees in BTN|
|VFS Service Fee||2520|
|Courier charge for each Application Submitted in Bhutan||2520|
|Optional Services||Fees in INR|
|Photocopy – Black & White (01 page)||5|
|Photocopy – Colour (01 page)||15|
|Photograph ( 06 copies)||150|
The above mentioned Visa Fee is to be paid only by cash.
Exemptions of visa fees, please see “Visa Fees" The Visa Fee is subject to change without notice
VFS Service charge
- The applicable Visa Fee in Indian Rupees is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice
- The fee is non-refundable
- There is an optional courier facility available at Rs 336/- (Inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST@9%) per application.
- There is an optional SMS service available at Rs 126/- (Inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST@9%) per application.
- If you are applying at the Visa Application Centre in Bhutan a one-time courier charge of BTN 2520 /- is charged for transporting the visa application to The Denmark Embassy in New Delhi and returning the processed passport back. The service that VFS provides in Bhutan is an optional service, not an obligation and thus it is always a possibility for all applicants to lodge the application directly at the Danish Embassy in New Delhi.
You must normally meet the following basic conditions at the time of submitting application for visa
- Your passport or other form of valid travel document must be valid for three months past the visa expiration date. Moreover, the passport or travel document must have been issued within the past 10 years.
- You must hold a travel insurance policy to cover possible expenses in connection with a return for health reasons or death, indispensable medical treatment or acute hospitalisation during your stay. The insurance policy must cover all Schengen countries, and the minimum policy coverage is €30,000. The insurance policy must be valid for the same period as the visa. The validity of the visa may be shortened if the insurance policy does not cover the entire. For the list of Travel Insurance, Please click here.
- Proof of means of transport.
- Proof of lodging
- Fully completed application form appropriate to the type of visa with one recent original passport-size colour photograph
- Proof of financial means. You must have the necessary means to pay for your stay and return trip.
- Children under 18 traveling without one or both parents or without a legal guardian must provide an affidavit for travel signed by both parents or by the parent or legal guardian not traveling and also a copy of passport's 1st and last page of parent.
- Please carry original documents at the time of submission and submit only photocopies of all documents, as we do not guarantee the return of any original documents. However, note that we reserve the right to request the original of any document provided at any point during visa processing.
- English translations must accompany the documents not originally in English.
- Colour photocopy of the valid passport (all pages of the passport) is required. If there are any valid visa for USA/UK/Canada/Australia and any Schengen visa (issued in last three years) in the old/cancelled passport than colour photocopy of those pages are also required.
- All documents should be provided in A4 size.
- The applicants must allow for a processing time of minimum 15 days. Excluding the VFS handling time back and forth to the Royal Danish Embassy.
All minors must be accompanied by both parents or legal guardians and sign the application form in front of a VFS officer. Except in cases where, the child is traveling with one parent to visit the other parent, who is residing in Denmark
For information only, list of supplementary documents:
|Commission Implementing Decision -- Annexure|
|Transit Visa (Seamen)|
|Commission Implementing Decision|
Decisions about Schengen visa applications must normally be made within 15 days. In some cases applications will require further enquiry. In these cases, the maximum processing time is 30 days. In exceptionally difficult cases the processing time can be up to 60 days. In certain situations, the Danish embassy will be required to ask the Danish Immigration Service to process an application. The application is sent via the Immigration Service’s electronic case handling system.
Application processing time counts from the time an admissible application is submitted at a diplomatic mission or a Visa Application Centre. 'Admissible' means that the mission has decided that the Schengen conditions for submitting an application have been met.
When the file is referred to the Danish Immigration Service, the Embassy will share the reference number of your file with you. This number enables you to contact the Immigration Services in order to check on the status of your file.
Contact details for the Danish Immigration Service: T: +45 35366600 - Monday - Wednesday: 09:00 - 15:00 , Thursday: 12:00 - 17:00 , Friday: 09:00 - 12:00 , email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Embassy of Denmark will inform you in each instance in writing, by telephone or orally about the decision that is taken concerning your visa application.
Citizens of certain countries or categories of certain citizens are subject to prior consultation in one or more Schengen countries before a visa may be issued. The processing time in these cases will usually be minimum 10-12 days.
|See list of these nationalities and categories of persons (annex 16 to the Visa code Handbook)|
(CONTENT SOURCE: NEW TO DENMARK)
- The photographs must be:
- No more than 6-months old
- 35-40mm in width
- Close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70 -80% of the photograph
- In sharp focus and clear
- Of high quality with no ink marks or creases
- The photographs must:
- Show you looking directly at the camera
- Show your skin tones naturally
- Have appropriate brightness and contrast
- Be printed on high quality paper, and at high resolution Photographs taken with a digital camera must be high quality colour and printed on photo-quality paper.
Style and lighting
- The photographs must be:
- Be colour neutral
- Show your eyes open and clearly visible-no hair across your eyes
- Show you facing square on to the camera, not looking over one shoulder (portrait style) or tilted, and showing both edges of your face clearly
- Be taken with a plain light-coloured background
- Be taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows or flash reflections on your face and no red eye
Glasses and head covers
If you wear glasses:
- Be colour neutral
- The photograph must show your eyes clearly with no flash reflection off the glasses, and no tinted lenses (if possible, avoid heavy frames - wear lighter framed glasses if you have them)
- Make sure that the frames do not cover any part of your eyes.
- Head coverings :
- Are not permitted except for religious reasons, but your facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of your face must be clearly shown.
Expression and frame
Your photographs must:
- Show you alone (no chair backs, toys or other people visible), looking at the camera with a neutral expression and your mouth closed.
|Danish and Icelandic Visa Application Form - English Form to be filled by Latin Letters in English|
|Danish and Icelandic Visa Application Form - Hindi & English Form to be filled by Latin Letters in English|
|Danish and Icelandic Visa Application Form - Danish Form to be filled by Latin Letters in English or in Danish|
|How to Fill the Form|
|Sample Filled-Out Form|
*Kindly Note: ‘Applicants travelling to Greenland & Faroe Islands has to fill-in the same application form’