Tourist / Non Professional Visa
Application is applicable in case you are travelling for tourism.
A visa normally grants you the right to stay in the entire Schengen region. The Schengen countries are Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
A visa allows you to stay a maximum of 90 days in any 180-day period in Denmark and is normally valid for the entire Schengen region.
Decisions about visa applications must normally be made within 15 working days from the day Embassy receives it, excluding submission time at VFS). In some cases applications will require further enquiry or documentation. So processing time in these cases might prolong. Applicants might also be asked to appear for an Interview at the Embassy.
A visa does not allow you to work in Denmark unless the Immigration Service has explicitly granted you this right.
For more information on Visa, please click here
|Visa Category||Visa Fee in INR and BTN|
|Tourist Visa / Non Professional Visa||4800|
|Business Visa / Conference Visa||4800|
|Airport Transit Visa / Transit Visa / Seaman Visa||4800|
|Child b/w 6- 12 Yrs. ( only in short stay visa)||2800|
|Work Visa / Positive List / Pay Limit Scheme / Corporate Scheme||15700|
|Researchers / Student / Trainees / Interns||15700|
|Online Application (Biometrics enrolled in India)||15700|
|Additional VFS Charges||Fees in INR|
|VFS Service Fee||1652|
|Additional VFS Charges for Applications submitted in Bhutan||Fees in BTN|
|VFS Service Fee||2400|
|There is no mandatory courier fee. However frequency of transfer of physical applications would be limited to once in two weeks. For applicants who need their applications sent on urgent basis, there will be an Optional Value Added Service for Urgent Courier of Euro 30 per applicant which will be charged over and above the Service Fee.||2400|
|Optional Services||Fees in INR|
|Photocopy – Black & White (01 page)||5|
|Photocopy – Colour (01 page)||15|
|Photograph ( 06 copies)||150|
The above mentioned Visa Fee is to be paid only by cash.
Exemptions of visa fees, please see “Visa Fees" The Visa Fee is subject to change without notice
VFS Service charge
- The applicable Visa Fee in Indian Rupees is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice
- The fee is non-refundable
- There is an optional courier facility available at Rs 320/- (Inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST@9%) per application.
- There is an optional SMS service available at Rs 120/- (Inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST@9%) per application.
- If you are applying at the Visa Application Centre in Bhutan a one-time courier charge of BTN 2400 /- is charged for transporting the visa application to The Denmark Embassy in New Delhi and returning the processed passport back. The service that VFS provides in Bhutan is an optional service, not an obligation and thus it is always a possibility for all applicants to lodge the application directly at the Danish Embassy in New Delhi.
Applicant must normally meet the following basic conditions at the time of submitting an application for visa
- Travel document
- Your passport or travel document must be valid for minimum three months after the intended departure from Schengen,
- It shall contain at least two blank pages,
- It shall have been issued within the past 10 years,
- It should not have any observation regarding the front data page.
- Application form
Fully completed application form. Please note that any incomplete information or false statement could result delay in the processing of application. Application form can downloaded in English (Application form in English) or Hindi language (Application form in Hindi), but it has to be filled-in English language only.
One recent original passport-size colour photograph with white background. Photograph should not be older than six months.
- Covering letter
A covering letter from the applicant introducing himself/herself, explaining the purpose, duration & itinerary of the visit in brief.
- Travel Medical Insurance
You must hold a travel insurance policy to cover possible expenses in connection with a return for health reasons or death, indispensable medical treatment or acute hospitalisation during your stay. The insurance policy must cover all Schengen countries, and the minimum policy coverage is Euro 30,000 or US Dollar 50,000. The insurance policy must be valid for the entire duration of the intended stay. The validity of the visa may be shortened if the insurance policy does not cover the entire duration of the stay. You must ensure always to have a valid Schengen travel insurance during your stays in the Schengen area. The border authorities may ask to see proof of a valid insurance when you enter Schengen. For a list of approved Indian Travel Insurance Companies, please click here.
- Proof of means of Transport
Flight reservation of return or round ticket. If the applicant is travelling to several Schengen States, proof of intra-Schengen flight reservation, train itinerary or car rental. Please note that the tickets do not have to be paid-off, only booking needs to be submitted.
- Proof of Lodging
Hotel reservations, rental of holiday home or campus residence reservation. If the applicant intends to stay with a family member or a friend, proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation from the host. Individual Schengen States may require applicant to present proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation by completing a form drawn up by the Schengen State’s competent authority (hereinafter 'national form'). If applicant is travelling to several Schengen States, proof of lodging in each of them should be submitted.
- Proof of Financial means
- Original bank statement showing movements in the last three months, duly stamped and signed by the bank. The account should be in the name of the applicant or the sponsor of the trip. In case of a sponsor, the bank statement should be accompanied by a signed sponsorship letter and a signed copy of the sponsor’s passport.
- Indian income tax return acknowledgment for the last two assessment years;
In addition to it, if the applicant is employed:
- payslips for the last three months
- employment contract
- employers statement on approval for holidays
If the applicant is a company owner or self-employed:
- certificate of registration of the company
If the applicant is retired:
- pension statements for the last three months
- proof of regular income generated by ownership of property or business
- Minor Applicant
- if the minor is travelling with only one parent, written consent of the other parent or guardian, and a signed copy of their passport or other photo ID. In case a person has sole custody or guardianship of the minor, proof of this should be submitted
- if the minor travels alone (without parents), written; consent, from both parents or legal guardians of the minor; as well as signed copies of the passports or other photo ID of the parents or legal guardians.
- all minors must be accompanied by both parents or legal guardians and sign the application form in front of a VFS officer. Except in cases where, the child is traveling with one parent to visit the other parent, who is residing in Denmark
- Passport Copy
- All applications must contain a full colour photocopy of the valid passport - all pages of the passport are required.
- If there are any valid visas for Schengen or USA/UK/Canada/Australia (issued in last three years) in the old/cancelled passport then a colour photocopy of the visa pages and passport data pages are required.
- General Information
- Explanatory letter in case applicant has not travelled on his/her previous Schengen visa.
- All documents should be provided in A4 size.
- Please submit only photocopies of all documents, as we do not guarantee the return of any original documents , but do carry original documents at the time of submission. The Embassy reserves the right to request the original of any document provided at any point during visa processing.
- English translations must accompany the documents not originally in English.
- The applicants should allow for a processing time of minimum 15 days. Excluding the VFS handling time back and forth to the Royal Danish Embassy.
For information only, list of supplementary documents:
Decisions about Schengen visa applications must normally be made within 15 days. In some cases applications will require further enquiry. In these cases, the maximum processing time is 30 days. In exceptionally difficult cases the processing time can be up to 60 days. In certain situations, the Danish embassy will be required to ask the Danish Immigration Service to process an application. The application is sent via the Immigration Service’s electronic case handling system.
Application processing time counts from the time an admissible application is submitted at a diplomatic mission or a Visa Application Centre. 'Admissible' means that the mission has decided that the Schengen conditions for submitting an application have been met.
When the file is referred to the Danish Immigration Service, the Embassy will share the reference number of your file with you. This number enables you to contact the Immigration Services in order to check on the status of your file.
Contact details for the Danish Immigration Service: T: +45 35366600 - Monday - Wednesday: 09:00 - 15:00 , Thursday: 12:00 - 17:00 , Friday: 09:00 - 12:00 , email, email@example.com.
The Embassy of Denmark will inform you in each instance in writing, by telephone or orally about the decision that is taken concerning your visa application.
Citizens of certain countries or categories of certain citizens are subject to prior consultation in one or more Schengen countries before a visa may be issued. The processing time in these cases will usually be minimum 10-12 days.
|See list of these nationalities and categories of persons (annex 16 to the Visa code Handbook)|
(CONTENT SOURCE: NEW TO DENMARK)
- The photographs must be:
- No more than 6-months old
- 35-40mm in width
- Close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70 -80% of the photograph
- In sharp focus and clear
- Of high quality with no ink marks or creases
- The photographs must:
- Show you looking directly at the camera
- Show your skin tones naturally
- Have appropriate brightness and contrast
- Be printed on high quality paper, and at high resolution Photographs taken with a digital camera must be high quality colour and printed on photo-quality paper.
Style and lighting
- The photographs must be:
- Be colour neutral
- Show your eyes open and clearly visible-no hair across your eyes
- Show you facing square on to the camera, not looking over one shoulder (portrait style) or tilted, and showing both edges of your face clearly
- Be taken with a plain light-coloured background
- Be taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows or flash reflections on your face and no red eye
Glasses and head covers
If you wear glasses:
- Be colour neutral
- The photograph must show your eyes clearly with no flash reflection off the glasses, and no tinted lenses (if possible, avoid heavy frames - wear lighter framed glasses if you have them)
- Make sure that the frames do not cover any part of your eyes.
- Head coverings :
- Are not permitted except for religious reasons, but your facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of your face must be clearly shown.
Expression and frame
Your photographs must:
- Show you alone (no chair backs, toys or other people visible), looking at the camera with a neutral expression and your mouth closed.
|Danish and Icelandic Visa Application Form - English Form to be filled by Latin Letters in English|
|Danish and Icelandic Visa Application Form - Hindi & English Form to be filled by Latin Letters in English|
|Danish and Icelandic Visa Application Form - Danish Form to be filled by Latin Letters in English or in Danish|
|How to Fill the Form|
|Sample Filled-Out Form|
*Kindly Note: ‘Applicants travelling to Greenland & Faroe Islands has to fill-in the same application form’