Visiting Family and Friends
Application is applicable in case you are travelling for visiting Family and Friends.
A visa normally grants you the right to stay in the entire Schengen region. The Schengen countries are Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
A visa allows you to stay a maximum of 90 days in any 180-day period in Denmark and is normally valid for the entire Schengen region.
Decisions about visa applications must normally be made within 15 days (from the day Embassy receives it, excluding submission time at VFS). In some cases applications will require further enquiry or documentation. So processing time in these cases might prolong. Applicants might also be asked to appear for an Interview at the Embassy.
A visa does not allow you to work in Denmark unless the Immigration Service has explicitly granted you this right.
For more information on Visa, please click here
|Visa Category||Visa Fee in INR and BTN|
|Tourist Visa / Non Professional Visa||4560|
|Business Visa / Conference Visa||4560|
|Airport Transit Visa / Transit Visa / Seaman Visa||4560|
|Child b/w 6- 12 Yrs. ( only in short stay visa)||2660|
|Work Visa / Positive List / Pay Limit Scheme / Corporate Scheme||14350|
|Researchers / Student / Trainees / Interns||14350|
|Online Application (Biometrics enrolled in India)||14350|
|Additional VFS Charges||Fees in INR|
|VFS Service Fee||1569|
|Additional VFS Charges for Applications submitted in Bhutan||Fees in BTN|
|VFS Service Fee||2280|
|Courier charge for each Application Submitted in Bhutan||2280|
|Optional Services||Fees in INR|
|Photocopy – Black & White (01 page)||5|
|Photocopy – Colour (01 page)||15|
|Photograph ( 06 copies)||155|
The above mentioned Visa Fee is to be paid only by cash.
Exemptions of visa fees, please see “Visa Fees" The Visa Fee is subject to change without notice
VFS Service charge
- The applicable Visa Fee in Indian Rupees is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice
- The fee is non-refundable
- There is an optional courier facility available at Rs 304/- (Inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST@9%) per application.
- There is an optional SMS service available at Rs 114/- (Inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST@9%) per application.
- If you are applying at the Visa Application Centre in Bhutan a one-time courier charge of BTN 2280 /- is charged for transporting the visa application to The Denmark Embassy in New Delhi and returning the processed passport back. The service that VFS provides in Bhutan is an optional service, not an obligation and thus it is always a possibility for all applicants to lodge the application directly at the Danish Embassy in New Delhi.
You must normally meet the following basic conditions at the time of submitting application for visa
- Your passport or other form of valid travel document must be valid for three months past the visa expiration date. Moreover, the passport or travel document must have been issued within the past 10 years.
- You must hold a travel insurance policy to cover possible expenses in connection with a return for health reasons or death, indispensable medical treatment or acute hospitalisation during your stay. The insurance policy must cover all Schengen countries, and the minimum policy coverage is €30,000. The insurance policy must be valid for the same period as the visa. The validity of the visa may be shortened if the insurance policy does not cover the entire. For the list of Travel Insurance, Please click here.
- Proof of means of transport.
- Proof of lodging
- Fully completed application form appropriate to the type of visa with one recent original passport-size colour photograph
- Proof of financial means. You must have the necessary means to pay for your stay and return trip.
- Children under 18 traveling without one or both parents or without a legal guardian must provide an affidavit for travel signed by both parents or by the parent or legal guardian not traveling and also a copy of passport's 1st and last page of parent.
- Please carry original documents at the time of submission and submit only photocopies of all documents, as we do not guarantee the return of any original documents. However, note that we reserve the right to request the original of any document provided at any point during visa processing.
- English translations must accompany the documents not originally in English.
- Colour photocopy of the valid passport (all pages of the passport) is required. If there are any valid visa for USA/UK/Canada/Australia and any Schengen visa (issued in last three years) in the old/cancelled passport than colour photocopy of those pages are also required.
- All documents should be provided in A4 size.
- The applicants must allow for a processing time of minimum 15 days. Excluding the VFS handling time back and forth to the Royal Danish Embassy.
All minors must be accompanied by both parents or legal guardians and sign the application form in front of a VFS officer. Except in cases where, the child is traveling with one parent to visit the other parent, who is residing in Denmark
For information only, list of supplementary documents:
|Commission Implementing Decision -- Annexure|
|Commission Implementing Decision|
Important: Review the Steps to apply carefully to ensure you submit a completed application set.
|Check list for Visiting Family and Friends|
- The photographs must be:
- No more than 6-months old
- 35-40mm in width
- Close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70 -80% of the photograph
- In sharp focus and clear
- Of high quality with no ink marks or creases
- The photographs must:
- Show you looking directly at the camera
- Show your skin tones naturally
- Have appropriate brightness and contrast
- Be printed on high quality paper, and at high resolution Photographs taken with a digital camera must be high quality colour and printed on photo-quality paper.
Style and lighting
- The photographs must be:
- Be colour neutral
- Show your eyes open and clearly visible-no hair across your eyes
- Show you facing square on to the camera, not looking over one shoulder (portrait style) or tilted, and showing both edges of your face clearly
- Be taken with a plain light-coloured background
- Be taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows or flash reflections on your face and no red eye
Glasses and head covers
If you wear glasses:
- Be colour neutral
- The photograph must show your eyes clearly with no flash reflection off the glasses, and no tinted lenses (if possible, avoid heavy frames - wear lighter framed glasses if you have them)
- Make sure that the frames do not cover any part of your eyes.
- Head coverings :
- Are not permitted except for religious reasons, but your facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of your face must be clearly shown.
Expression and frame
Your photographs must:
- Show you alone (no chair backs, toys or other people visible), looking at the camera with a neutral expression and your mouth closed.
|Danish and Icelandic Visa Application Form - English (Form to be filled by Latin Letters in English)|
|Danish and Icelandic Visa Application Form - Hindi & English (Form to be filled by Latin Letters in English)|
|Danish and Icelandic Visa Application Form - Danish (Form to be filled by Latin Letters in English or in Danish)|
|Medical Insurance Declaration Form (for frequent travelers)|
|How to Fill the Form|
|Sample Filled-Out Form|
*Kindly Note: ‘Applicants travelling to Greenland & Faroe Islands has to fill-in the same application form’