Tourist / Non Professional Visa
Application is applicable in case you are travelling for tourism.
A visa normally grants you the right to stay in the entire Schengen region. The Schengen countries are Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
A visa allows you to stay a maximum of 90 days in any 180-day period in Denmark and is normally valid for the entire Schengen region.
Decisions about visa applications must normally be made within 15 working days from the day Embassy receives it, excluding submission time at VFS). In some cases applications will require further enquiry or documentation. So processing time in these cases might prolong. Applicants might also be asked to appear for an Interview at the Embassy.
A visa does not allow you to work in Denmark unless the Immigration Service has explicitly granted you this right.
For more information on Visa, please click here
|Visa Category||Visa Fee in EUR*|
|Tourist Visa / Non Professional Visa||80|
|Business Visa / Conference Visa||80|
|Airport Transit Visa / Transit Visa / Seaman Visa||80|
|Child b/w 6- 12 Yrs. ( only in short stay visa)||40|
|*exchange rate of the date of application will apply|
|Additional VFS Charges for Applications submitted in India||Fees in INR|
|VFS Service Fee||1143|
|Additional VFS Charges for Applications submitted in Nepal||Fees in NPR|
|VFS Service Fee||1280|
|Prime Time Application||4480|
|Prime Time Pass back||640|
|Additional VFS Charges for Applications submitted in Bhutan||Fees in BTN|
|VFS Service Fee||2520|
|There is no mandatory courier fee. However frequency of transfer of physical applications would be limited to once in two weeks. For applicants who need their applications sent on urgent basis, there will be an Optional Value Added Service for Urgent Courier of Euro 30 per applicant which will be charged over and above the Service Fee Courier passport take 4 to 5 days to reach Bhutan.||2520|
|Optional Services||Fees in INR|
|Photocopy – Black & White (01 page)||83|
|Photograph ( 06 copies)||219|
Exemptions of visa fees, please see “Visa Fees" The Visa Fee is subject to change without notice
VFS Service charge
- The fee is non-refundable
- The VFS Service Fee is to be paid only by cash.
- There is an optional courier facility available at Rs 1143/- (Inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST@9%) per application.
- There is an optional SMS service available at Rs264/- (Inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST@9%) per application.
- If you are applying at the Visa Application Centre in Bhutan a one-time courier charge of BTN 2520 /- is charged for transporting the visa application to The Denmark Embassy in New Delhi and returning the processed passport back. The service that VFS provides in Bhutan is an optional service, not an obligation and thus it is always a possibility for all applicants to lodge the application directly at the Danish Embassy in New Delhi.
Please print out the checklist and prepare the required documents accordingly, also prepare an additional copy of your passport ID page for Passport Collection.
- Kindly make sure that your application contains sufficient, correct and adequate information. All information must be correct and reflect your planned trip.
- In case any document is missing on submission date, additional documents can be submitted only by applicants themselves at VFS within 5 business days.
- Applicant can be asked for additional documents or may be called for an interview if deemed necessary by the Embassy.
Decisions about Schengen visa applications must normally be made within 15 days. In some cases applications will require further enquiry. In these cases, the maximum processing time is 30 days. In exceptionally difficult cases the processing time can be up to 45 days. In certain situations, the Danish embassy will be required to ask the Danish Immigration Service to process an application. The application is sent via the Immigration Service’s electronic case handling system.
Application processing time counts from the time an admissible application is submitted at a diplomatic mission or a Visa Application Centre. 'Admissible' means that the mission has decided that the Schengen conditions for submitting an application have been met.
When the file is referred to the Danish Immigration Service, the Embassy will share the reference number of your file with you. This number enables you to contact the Immigration Services in order to check on the status of your file.
Contact details for the Danish Immigration Service: T: +45 35366600 - Monday - Wednesday: 09:00 - 15:00 , Thursday: 12:00 - 17:00 , Friday: 09:00 - 12:00 , email, email@example.com.
The Embassy of Denmark will inform you in each instance in writing, by telephone or orally about the decision that is taken concerning your visa application.
Citizens of certain countries or categories of certain citizens are subject to prior consultation in one or more Schengen countries before a visa may be issued. The processing time in these cases will usually be minimum 10-12 days.
|See list of these nationalities and categories of persons (annex 16 to the Visa code Handbook)|
(CONTENT SOURCE: NEW TO DENMARK)
- The photographs must be:
- No more than 6-months old
- 35-40mm in width
- Close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70 -80% of the photograph
- In sharp focus and clear
- Of high quality with no ink marks or creases
- The photographs must:
- Show you looking directly at the camera
- Show your skin tones naturally
- Have appropriate brightness and contrast
- Be printed on high quality paper, and at high resolution Photographs taken with a digital camera must be high quality colour and printed on photo-quality paper.
Style and lighting
- The photographs must be:
- Be colour neutral
- Show your eyes open and clearly visible-no hair across your eyes
- Show you facing square on to the camera, not looking over one shoulder (portrait style) or tilted, and showing both edges of your face clearly
- Be taken with a plain light-coloured background
- Be taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows or flash reflections on your face and no red eye
Glasses and head covers
If you wear glasses:
- Be colour neutral
- The photograph must show your eyes clearly with no flash reflection off the glasses, and no tinted lenses (if possible, avoid heavy frames - wear lighter framed glasses if you have them)
- Make sure that the frames do not cover any part of your eyes.
- Head coverings :
- Are not permitted except for religious reasons, but your facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of your face must be clearly shown.
Expression and frame
Your photographs must:
- Show you alone (no chair backs, toys or other people visible), looking at the camera with a neutral expression and your mouth closed.
From the 03 September 2019, you should fill in your visa application and pay the application fee online using https://applyvisa.um.dk/. After you have applied and paid the visa fee online, you must print and sign the cover letter from ApplyVisa and hand in supporting documents and supply biometrics at the Visa Application Centre: http://dk.vfsglobal.co.in/contact_us.html
If you need help with filling in your Schengen visa application and pay online, VFS may help you with this. If you don’t need assistance, please fill in the visa application and pay online via https://applyvisa.um.dk/ before turning up at the visa application centre to submit your documents. This will speed up your submission time. VFS has one PC available at every center for applicants who have forgotten to fill in their visa application and pay the application fee online.